About the Chamber
The British & Colombian Chamber of Commerce, established in 1996, is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that aims to build closer ties between the business communities of Colombia and the United Kingdom by promoting investment relations and bilateral trade between these two nations.
What we do
Since 1996 the Chamber has been working actively to promote trade & investment opportunities and closer business ties between Colombia and the United Kingdom through a range of activities, projects and events as well as by providing services and opportunities to all types of companies and individuals interested in bilateral relations.
How we operate
The chamber is run by a volunteer Board of Directors composed mainly of representatives from our Emerald Members, as well as representatives from the UK & Colombian Government officials. The Board of Directors determines the chamber’s policies and nominates the chairman.
Ad hoc committees are set up from time to time to consider specific issues; this allows members to become actively involved and to apply their expertise to facilitate the organisation’s overall mission to forge closer business ties between the two nations.
The chamber operates as a general business; raising funds from membership fees, business services and sponsored events and activities throughout the year. Chamber officers are supported by a group of volunteers throughout the year. If you wish to receive more information on the volunteer programme, please click here.
We work closely with embassies, trade promotion agencies, investment agencies, chambers of commerce and associations in the UK and across Latin America. Meet some of our partners here .
- British Prime Minister Sir John Major visited Colombia
- President Gaviria and Mr. Major opened negotiations for an Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (IPPA) and Double Taxation Agreement
- First meeting of TFG (Trade Facilitation Group) in London in the presence of Dr. Juan Manuel Santos then Minister of Foreign Trade.
- First report sent to the two governments
- A sub-committee was formed to actively promote trade and investment and try to set up a Chamber of Commerce
- B&CCC was founded in 1996 with twelve companies, six Colombian and six British, who agreed to become founding sponsor members.
- Why Colombia, Conference: Four Colombian, and one British, Ministers attended, as well as more than 400 British and Colombian companies.
- Breakfast Business Summit with the President of Colombia Mr. Alvaro Uribe Velez
- International Trade & Investment Conference
- Business Conference –Guest of Honour –President of Colombia, Mr. Alvaro Uribe Velez
- British & Colombian Business & Social Awards (Corporate Social responsibility awards
- 10th Anniversary celebrated at the House of Commons in London
- Bilateral Agreement for the Protection of Investment between Colombia and the UK
- Colombia celebrates 200 years of Independence
- President Juan Manuel Santos visits the UK and meets Prime Minister David Cameron to announce a bilateral partnership, signalling strategic ties between the two countries.
- EU-Colombia Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- Operation and ratification of Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT)
- 20th Anniversary of The British and Colombian Chamber of Commerce.
- Publication of The UK and Colombia: The next 20 Years Report
- November 2016 Double taxation is ratified during the State Visit to the UK of President Juan Manuel Santos
- 12 Cooperation agreements in the bilateral agenda are signed.
- 1st-3rd November State visit by The President of the Republic of Colombia, Mr. Juan Manuel Santos to The United Kingdom.
Do you know any other facts about the UK-Colombia Business bilateral relation? If you do, please contact us!